A federal higher court in Abuja has ordered the permanent loss of funds allegedly related to Winifred Oyo-Ita, a former chief of service.
Latest Nigeria News, the details of the case were not read in a public hearing when Judge Folashade Ogunbanjo-Giwa gave the order.
Oyo-Ita is involved in an N3 billion fraud charge, which the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is investigating.
He repeatedly denied any irregularity.
On Thursday, in court, M.S Abubakar, an EFCC lawyer, said the funds had been voluntarily returned to the commission following the crime.
The lawyer said no one objected to the court order when he established the temporary loss of funds.
According to him, the funds were deposited in an account domiciled at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as soon as it was returned by the suspect.
Since then, Oyo-Ita has resigned from his position as head of service and has been replaced by Folashade Yemi-Esan.