Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
Nigerian Newspapers today
1. The Jigawa State Police Command has disclosed that two minors have been killed by landslide at Bakin -Jeji village in Dutse Local Government Area of the state.
The Command’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP Audu Jinjiri said the incident happened on Wednesday at about 1340 hours when two boys, Alkassim Auwalu of 16 years, and Tahir Rilwanu, 12 years old, were trapped in the sand.
2. Zamfara State Government has denied official knowledge of innocent citizens allegedly being killed during air strikes on suspected bandits’ camps by the air component of Operation Sharan Daji.
The denial was made by the Secretary to the Government, Prof. Abdullahi Shinkafi when he received a high powered investigation team from the Nigeria Air Force (NAF) headquarters in Gusau on Friday.
3. Popular Nigerian movie director, Ifeanyi Onyeabor, is dead.
Latest Nigerian Newspapers
Actor Guild of Nigeria president, Emeka Rollas, confirmed Onyeabor’s death on Saturday, but failed to give details of what led to his death.
4. Founder, Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, has lambasted Nigerian leaders over the state of the country
The cleric, spoke at the Covenant University’s 20th inaugural lecture delivered by Jonathan Aremu, a professor of International Economics Relations, was reacting to Aremu’s concern about Nigeria’s negotiations with the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA), Environmental Protection Agency (EFA) and African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), lamented Nigerian government’s lack of foresight and its inability to identify opportunities.
5. Lagos based lawyer and president emeritus of Igbo think tank group, Aka Ikenga, Chief Goddy Uwazurike has said the conviction of Justice
Walter Onnoghen, ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), by the Danladi Umar led Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) over non-assets declaration did not come as a surprise as it was already predetermined.
According to him, the conviction was a sham, insisting that it was in breach of the constitution and could not stand.
Read Latest Nigerian News
6. The Rivers State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has suspended 15 Local government party Chairmen with immediate effect.
Though, no reason was given for the suspension, the decision of the PDP to suspend the 15 LGA party Chairmen is contained in statement by the State Secretary of the party, Sam Okpoko.
7. The Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT), Adamawa State Wing, has expressed confidence that the incoming administration would pay N32,000 minimum wage to workers in the state.
Mr. Rodney Nathan, Chairman of the state chapter, who commended President Muhammadu Buhari, for signing into law the N30,000 new National Minimum Wage for workers, however, noted that the state workers were looking forward to receiving N32,000 as minimum wage.
8. The Chief Imam of Ebiraland, Alhaji Musa Galadima, is dead.
He died in the early hours of Friday at the age of 98 years, in a private hospital in Abuja.
Today Nigerian Newspapers
9. Armed bandits have forcefully sacked residents of Kuriga village in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State making them to flee.
The villagers, mostly women, arrived Birnin-Gwari on Wednesday as internally displaced Parsons, IDPs, due to the insecurity.
10. Gaidam local government business community in Yobe state has pleaded with the state government and security agencies to consider the reopening of Gaidam central market for commercial activities to thrive.
Chairman of United Traders Association of Nigeria, Gaidam branch, Abba Abdulrasheed noted that the market has been closed for 13 weeks now, as the closure is affecting the entire Gaidam community and traders who have lost their means of livelihood.